MCLC: Emory film position

Denton, Kirk denton.2 at osu.edu
Wed Oct 17 09:36:40 EDT 2012

MCLC LIST
From: Hall, Annie <ahall03 at emory.edu>
Subject: Emory film position

Emory University invites applications for a tenure-track position at the
rank of assistant professor to teach undergraduate and graduate courses in
the Department of Film and Media Studies.  Appointment begins in Fall
2013. We are particularly interested in applicants whose research and
teaching focus on one or more of the national cinemas/media of East Asia
and/or South Asia.  We especially welcome applications from scholars of
film and media in Korea, China or India. Language and cultural fluency, as
well as an ability to teach core film/media courses, are preferred.
Candidates must possess a Ph.D. at time of appointment, evidence of
excellence in teaching, and must show promise of innovative scholarship,
as well as dedication to building our program.  Please send a letter of
application, CV, and three letters of recommendation to Dr. Matthew H.
Bernstein, Chair, Search Committee, Department of Film and Media Studies,
Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322.  Applications are due December 15,
2012.  Emory University is an EEO/AA employer.  Women and Minorities are
encouraged to apply.