MCLC: ABC report on Confucius Institutes

Denton, Kirk denton.2 at osu.edu
Wed Oct 17 09:36:30 EDT 2012

MCLC LIST
From: Krista Van Fleit Hang <HANGK at mailbox.sc.edu>
Subject: ABC report on Confucius Institutes

If you want more news about scary communists!

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/chinese-language-classroom-17486168

My favorite part is when the journalist asks the principal of the poor
school district if he can be sure the CI instructor isn't showing
propaganda films on the Korean-American War to the 5 year olds!

Krista Van Fleit Hang

My favorite part of the video is when the political scientist June Teufel
Dryer is quoted as saying: "You don't want other countries propagandizing
your children." No thank you, we can do that very well ourselves! And
then, at the end of the report, after scaring the viewer with images of
throngs of marching PLA soldiers, the reporter admits that there isn't a
shred of evidence that Hanban teachers have tried to propagandize.

Kirk