MCLC: list issue

Denton, Kirk denton.2 at osu.edu
Tue Nov 29 19:24:52 EST 2011

MCLC LIST
From: kirk (denton.2 at osu.edu)
Subject: list issue
doing so that he has launched a campaign to smear me and the MCLC LIST, by
targeting list members with emails.

Here's the background. Kneussel submitted a posting on the "Putin wins the
Confucius Peace Prize" thread that read:

"Is this still a moderated list? If it is, is it really a forum to argue
'the jews conspired to kill Jesus'? If it is, please take me off the list.
I don't want to be part of anything like that."

In the email he has been sending out to list members, he accuses me of
finding "antisemitic rants like Bill Goldman's latest message perfectly
acceptable."

I really do not want to drag you all into this, but since Mr. Kneussel
has already done so, I feel a need to respond. First, yes, I decided to
unsubscribe Mr. Kneussel. I took him at his word that he did not want to
be a part of the list any more. Second, his accusations that the remarks
by Bill Goldman, who is by the way Jewish, were anti-semitic is certainly
uncalled for.

In the more than 13 years that I have moderated this list, I have only
twice decided to unsubscribe (involuntarily) a list member. I try to be
fair and tolerant of all opinions and at the same time keep the discussion
civil and focused. It is not always an easy balancing act.

My apologies,

Kirk