[Heb-NACO] title on title page verso

Heidi G Lerner lerner at stanford.edu
Mon Mar 28 11:09:51 EDT 2016

Hi Neil,

There is no formalized rule in RDA or the LC-PCC Ps that dictates how the note in the $i should be formulated. It is cataloger's judgement. What is important that it makes clear the location of the title being recorded.

The cataloging tool "Monographic cataloging notes" c1981 has the following note for source of title: Title from verso of cover.

Best, Heidi

Heidi G. Lerner

Metadata Librarian for Hebraica and Judaica

Metadata Dept.

Stanford University Libraries

Stanford, CA 94305-6004

ph: 650-725-9953