[Heb-NACO] 046 forces changes in $d?

Robert M. TALBOTT rtalbott at library.berkeley.edu
Mon Mar 28 12:11:26 EDT 2016

Good morning folks:

I'm upgrading the authority for Zalman Shneour, and I've hit a bit of
a rough patch.

I'm upgrading the record because I created a name/title for the author.

no 91010251  Shneour, Zalman, $d 1886-1959

The dates given in the 670s are firm for his death, but his birth
dates are equally distributed among reliable sources between Shevat
1886 and 1887 (no month is given for the later).  The 046 I've
formulated for his birth date:

046  $f [1886,1887]

The question: Does this change have to be reflected in the various
$d's?  This means the dates would change from

$d 1886-1956

$d 1886 or 1887-1959

My sense of the lay of the land is that, yes, I am required to make
the change, but I'd like to hear what the the rest of you have to say
about the matter before proceeding.

Thanks

Bob

--