[Heb-NACO] "Nidpas me-ḥadash be-tosefet...": 245/250/500?

Kuperman, Aaron akup at loc.gov
Thu Aug 28 13:37:50 EDT 2014

The Hebrew phrase, “נדפס מחדש ...” is not integral to the title, but rather is supplementary to it.  It serves to identify the expression or manifestation, but not the work itself.   If you deleted the phrase, the title would be perfectly understandable and its meaning unaffected. Typically it is in small print.  One would not refer to the work by the phrase in requesting it from a book store or a reference librarian.

Aaron Kuperman, LC Law Cataloging Section.
This is not an official communication from my employer