[Heb-NACO] "Nidpas me-ḥadash be-tosefet...": 245/250/500?

Heidi G Lerner lerner at stanford.edu
Thu Aug 28 13:08:46 EDT 2014

I think that the wording of RDA 2.5.2.6 gives us the instruction on how to handle this situation:

Designation of Edition Integral to Title Proper, Etc.
If:
a designation of edition is an integral part of the title proper, other title information, or statement of responsibility
or
the designation is grammatically linked to any of these elements
then:
record the designation of edition as part of the element to which it is integrated or linked. Do not record it again as a designation of edition.
EXAMPLE
The compact edition of the Oxford English dictionary
Designation of edition integral to title proper. No designation of edition recorded

Tenth anniversary edition of Economic justice for all
Designation of edition integral to title proper. No designation of edition recorded

Bullarum diplomatum et privilegiorum sanctorum Romanorum pontificum Taurinensis editio
Designation of edition integral to title proper. No designation of edition recorded

a revised and augmented edition of the Glossary of biotechnology and genetic engineering
Designation of edition integral to other title information. No designation of edition recorded

édition française revue par Germaine Meyer-Noire
Designation of edition integral to statement of responsibility. No designation of edition recorded

So it seems that it would go in a 245 field.

Does anyone have other thoughts?

Thanks, Hweidi