[Heb-NACO] RDA - call for order :-)

Heidi G Lerner lerner at stanford.edu
Wed Nov 13 13:05:37 EST 2013

Please be aware that according to RDA only the title proper is a core element. So non-PCC catalogers have the option of not-recording other title information, parallel title proper or parallel other title information.
PCC catalogers who are creating BIBCO records according to LC-PCC PS 2.3.3 and 2.3.4 are required to record, in addition to the title proper, other title information, parallel title proper, but not parallel title proper other information.
We can make the inclusion of the "sub-titles in English" a recommended best practice but not including them is not incorrect. In other words including them is an individual's judgement or an institutional policy.

Thanks, Heidi