[Heb-NACO] RDA - call for order :-)

Kuperman, Aaron akup at loc.gov
Wed Nov 13 13:29:54 EST 2013

If RDA doesn't prohibit  something, it is therefore allowed.  With RDA, we have switched from "that which is not allowed is prohibited" to a system of "that which is not prohibited is allowed." Cataloger's discretion means that if something improves access for users (such as the English subtitle) we are allowed to include it. Only if RDA prohibits something, do we have to break the rules to provide access. --Aaron

Aaron Kuperman, LC Law Cataloging Section.
This is not an official communication from my employer