[AFS_OSU] AFS January Follow-up

MJ Warner mjwarner at keenersand.com
Fri Jan 17 12:11:11 EST 2020

Good afternoon,

We would like to thank everyone who came out and supported our students last night. I have to say, this was the best turnout we have had in a very long time. We would especially like to thank Dr. Luo and the FEF board for rearranging their schedule and holding their meeting at our location.

Our speaker was Sean Harmon from ASK Chemicals. He gave us a short presentation on the sand properties to be monitored for no bake systems and the affects of the changing properties. Thank you Sean for a great presentation.

Last night we also honored 4 exceptional students the won this year's Student Scholarships. They were...

Sarah Ridgeway       $750.00
Troy B. Lewis           $750.00
Milo H. Gill              $1,500.00
Rebecca L. Vilcheck  $1,500.00

Congratulations to all of our winners. We are looking forward to watching your accomplishments in the future.
We also found out that the current President of the Student Chapter and AFS Chapter Student Liaison Colin Ridgeway will be graduating in May and moving to New York to pursue his career. His successor will be Michael Moodispaw. We would like to congratulate Colin and wish him all the luck in the world. We would also like him to know, he is always welcome to join us anytime he is in the area. We also look forward to our future with Michael and would like to congratulate him on his new position.

That leaves us with the upcoming Winter Party Event!!! Again, this event, along with our Golf Outing, finances and funds our Student Scholarship Program and allows us to give a nice amount to our students and out future. Currently we are way behind in Donations and Attendees. I have attached both the Donation Letter, for anyone who is able and willing to donate to a wonderful cause, and the invitation for you to fill out if you would like to attend. Please join us February 15th to have a little fun and honor our Foundryman of the Year (or woman).

Again, thank you to everyone who was able to make the meeting last night and to everyone who donates money and time behind the scenes to make events like this happen.
Thank you so much and have a great weekend

Michael J. Warner
Vice Chairman
AFS-COC

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is intended for the sole use of the named recipient(s) and may contain proprietary, business-confidential and/or privileged material. If you are not a named addressee you are prohibited, under criminal penalty by the Economic Espionage Act of 1996, from reviewing, using, retransmitting, disseminating or distributing this message in any form. If you have received this e-mail by mistake, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete or destroy all copies of the original message.