[Ohiogift] ODE list of gifted assessments

Colleen Boyle, PhD boyleconsulting at me.com
Thu Feb 21 16:42:58 EST 2019

The new RFQ for this year’s approvals has not yet been released but should be shortly. I don’t believe Pearson submitted for Stanford or OLSAT last year. As they did submit for other tests, it may be that they plan to phase those two out. It has been awhile since they have been revised or updated.

Yes, ODE reps have said at various times they would like districts to contact vendors who publish the tests they use to encourage them to submit an RFQ for consideration. This is particularly needed for the creativity and arts checklists, as none were submitted last year.

Having said that, part of the issues with the limited list are due to their new process for reviewing and approving tests. OAGC has been in communication with ODE and the state board about it in some fashion or another for more than a year. Please take a look at some of the advocacy alerts on OAGC’s webpage about this beginning with last May. If you have concerns about the list - what is on it, what isn’t on it, communication about it, the process for approvals - I encourage you to make those concerns known to ODE.

Colleen Boyle