[Ohiogift] ODE list of gifted assessments

June Allred-Smith jasmith at rpesd.org
Thu Feb 21 13:54:14 EST 2019

I am greatly concerned about the very limited new list of approved assessments. For additional assessment, after my districts screen with Iowa and CogAT, I have administered the Stanford Achievement and/or the Otis Lennon.  Based on the ODE list, I can no longer use them and will need to order new assessments. Our ESC just recently purchased these two tests, at great expense!
My question to the group is have you been told by anyone at ODE to directly contact vendors and ask them to apply for placement on the approved list? I heard this second hand and want to verify.

Thanks for your input!

June Allred Smith
Gifted Coordinator
Ross Pike ESD