MCLC: English translations for colonial offices in Taiwan?

Denton, Kirk denton.2 at osu.edu
Thu Jul 10 08:03:04 EDT 2014

MCLC LIST
From: Mark Anderson <mark.kmanderson.anderson4 at gmail.com>
Subject: English translations for colonial offices in Taiwan?

I am hoping list members might be able to tell me if they know of standard
English translations for the following three terms from Japanese referring
to offices or regulations during the colonial period in Taiwan, or be able
to refer me to a resource that would. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

監察院                    Control office? Office of supervision? Inspection?

台湾公共埤圳(ひしゅう)規則          Taiwan Public Cooperative Irrigation
Regulation?

総務局長官                    Director of the General Affairs Bureau?

Thanks in advance,
Mark Anderson