MCLC: poems from Taiwan protest movement (1)

Denton, Kirk denton.2 at osu.edu
Fri Apr 11 09:17:55 EDT 2014

MCLC LIST
From: martin winter <dujuan99 at gmail.com>
Subject: poems from Taiwan protest movement (1)

Thanks to China Digital Times for featuring the poems and my
translations! Here is their link:

http://chinadigitaltimes.net/2014/04/poetic-voices-taiwans-protest-movement
/

Today, I would like to draw attention to two poems in Taiwanese. Li
Khin-huann 李勤岸 has written and published poetry since the early
1980s, at first in Mandarin. His poem from Aug. 15th, 1987, the day
martial law was lifted in Taiwan, is a milestone.

http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_68d1119901018t1h.html

Professor Li has written and published in Taiwanese since the early
1990s. With his consent, I have assembled two of his recent Sunflower
Poems on my blog, together with a beautiful song sung by students:

http://banianerguotoukeyihe.com/2014/04/09/we-plant-a-sunflower-li-khin-hua
nn/

Martin