MCLC: Internationale in film?

Denton, Kirk denton.2 at osu.edu
Mon Feb 25 08:35:05 EST 2013

MCLC LIST
From: Tina Chen <Tina.Chen at ad.umanitoba.ca>
Subject: Internationale in film?

Dear Colleagues,

I am currently working on a paper that includes a section discussing films
screened in 1950s and 1960s PRC in which the Internationale is either sung
by those in the film or otherwise utilized in the soundtrack (or perhaps
appears through other filmic references). I had a few films in mind when I
started this section but now I'm wondering what I might have missed (in
feature films, documentary, or shorts). Please respond off-list to me
(tina.chen at ad.umanitoba.ca).

If you also know of Soviet, North Korean, or North Vietnamese films of the
era using the Internationale, I would appreciate these references as well.

Thanks,
Tina