MCLC: Taipei Story?

Denton, Kirk denton.2 at osu.edu
Mon Feb 25 08:34:56 EST 2013

MCLC LIST
From: Wesley Jacks <zhongguojacks at gmail.com>
Subject: Taipei Story?

I have a question for the MCLC list.

Edward Yang's Taipei Story (青梅竹馬) has been notoriously hard to find on
home video for the past decade at least, but I know it screened along with
the rest of Yang's work in several retrospectives (at the Lincoln Center,
BFI, Harvard, IIAS, etc.) over the past 5 years.  So a decent print of the
film presumably still exists.  I'm trying to track down which
companies/archives/estates still have a 35mm copy of the film.

Can anyone tell me who packaged that Yang series together?  One of the
retrospectives mentioned an Edward Yang Archive, which I'm assuming is a
family estate.  Can anyone confirm that such an archive/estate was the
source?  And does anyone know of any places (Taipei Film Archive,
Evergreen Production Company, someplace in France?) that might have a copy
of the print?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Wesley Jacks