MCLC: UC Santa Barbara position (1)

Denton, Kirk denton.2 at osu.edu
Fri Sep 7 08:30:54 EDT 2012

MCLC LIST
From: chloe starr <cfstarr at gmail.com>
Subject: UC Santa Barbara position (1)

If there were ever a case for hiring a professional at the full going
rate, or for pointing out to certain Comp. Lit. colleagues the vaguely
specialized nature of our work, this ad. would be it. And "Xun" and
"Xingjian" must be the two best known c20 Chinese writers of all...

<<We are looking for a lecturer who could teach a course on modern Chinese
literature in the fall. Here is the general description of the course:
"C LIT 31. Major Works of Asian Literatures:

The focus, this coming quarter, is on modern and contemporary Chinese and
Taiwanese literature. Books assigned include: AL WEIWEI'S BLOG, SHEN's
BORDER TOWN, LAU's COLUMBIA ANTHOLOGY OF MOD.CHINESE LIT., XUN's REAL STORY
OF AH-Q+OTHER TALES OF CHINA, LAO's RICKSHAW BOY, XINGJIAN's SOUL
MOUNTAIN.>>

Chloe