[Vwoolf] Searching for Doris Eder

Caroline Webb caroline.webb at newcastle.edu.au
Wed May 19 21:41:39 EDT 2021

Hi Emily,

I have no answer to your question, but I assumed Louis was based on Eliot when I read the novel as an undergraduate circa 1980.  Are there other contenders?

Regards,
Caroline
Dr Caroline Webb | Associate Professor, English and Writing
College of Human and Social Futures
T: +61 2 4348 4061 | M: +61 (0)421 418 419
E: Caroline.Webb at newcastle.edu.au<mailto:Caroline.Webb at newcastle.edu.au>
W: https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://newcastle.edu.au/profile/Caroline-Webb__;!!KGKeukY!j8ceva6FxX36qijyzT2vGjAzb1v-F300ugiDQdEeIX0JwQDuMuMK9JpLhVKPgJDUJo0$
The University of Newcastle
10 Chittaway Road, Ourimbah NSW 2258
[The University of Newcastle]<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://newcastle.edu.au/__;!!KGKeukY!j8ceva6FxX36qijyzT2vGjAzb1v-F300ugiDQdEeIX0JwQDuMuMK9JpLhVKPHc10spU$ >
Top 200 University in the world by QS World University Rankings 2021
I acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of the land in which the University resides and pay my respect to Elders past, present and emerging.
I extend this acknowledgement to the Darkinjung people of the land in which the Central Coast campus resides and which I work.
CRICOS Provider 00109J