[Vwoolf] "A House of One's Own" (1995)

Sarah M. Hall smhall123 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jun 18 17:51:18 EDT 2021

 Thanks, Jane, a really nice article and considerate of you to attach it. I'm reading it in instalments!
Sarah

Sarah M. HallVirginia Woolf Society of GB

    On Friday, 18 June 2021, 00:42:48 BST, Jane Marie Garrity via Vwoolf <vwoolf at lists.osu.edu> wrote:

  Hi all,Reading about Janet Malcolm’s death (yesterday) in the NYT https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/17/business/media/janet-malcolm-dead.html?smid=em-share__;!!KGKeukY!jZHfqwopw8vuWTQ8zwgJHg8rnJc3QSDCTbO7Y5sUpdcKVgY98In6BDscbnWHnTKdKRbdne1mTS2u$  reminded me of her memorable 1995 essay about Bloomsbury.  It’s relevant to the larger conversation about Woolf and Bloomsbury’s reception in England and America.
I’ll attach it here for anyone who is interested but doesn’t have access to the New Yorker.
Happy summer— Jane

Jane Garrity
Associate Professor of English
University of Colorado at Boulder