[Vwoolf] "A House of One's Own" (1995)

Jane Marie Garrity jane.garrity at colorado.edu
Thu Jun 17 19:41:00 EDT 2021

Hi all,
Reading about Janet Malcolm’s death (yesterday) in the NYT https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/17/business/media/janet-malcolm-dead.html?smid=em-share__;!!KGKeukY!hQce8cBkqBvDf6bNktAFollCiJCEs5nyhI1U3DgiaXTuSRFDR78Bboa3q1Cu8qTX52mTlp2d0xZl$  reminded me of her memorable 1995 essay about Bloomsbury.  It’s relevant to the larger conversation about Woolf and Bloomsbury’s reception in England and America.

I’ll attach it here for anyone who is interested but doesn’t have access to the New Yorker.

Happy summer—
Jane

Jane Garrity
Associate Professor of English
University of Colorado at Boulder
226 UCB
Boulder, CO 80309-0226
Jane.Garrity at Colorado.Edu<mailto:Jane.Garrity at Colorado.Edu>