[Vwoolf] Number 1 misreading of Woolf?

Christine Froula cfroula at northwestern.edu
Mon May 18 09:27:16 EDT 2020

I've always taken VW to be saying that the incessantly rain of atoms of
experience is the existential condition of modern life, leading to the
question: how does the artist make a work of art under this condition? I
don't think that's an unusual reading. It's also important to reflect on
what she means in referring to JJ as "the spiritual Mr Joyce."