[Vwoolf] The Ramsays in Skye - owning or renting?

Stuart N. Clarke stuart.n.clarke at btinternet.com
Wed Jul 15 07:33:47 EDT 2020

As I was saying, “I was only talking about England & Wales – not even Scotland – far less the US.  (Perhaps I should have been talking about Scotland – which I’m not equipped to do – since the Ramsays’ house is in Skye!)”.

One of my favourite Scots words is “feu” =
in modern use, a perpetual lease for a fixed rentDifficult for the outsider to grasp how renting perpetually is different *in practice* from owning.  Surely after x years the rent will = 0?  Even less than “twopence half-penny”.

Stuart
(Day 120)