[Vwoolf] The Ramsays in Skye - owning or renting?

mhussey at verizon.net mhussey at verizon.net
Wed Jul 15 09:44:25 EDT 2020

A friend in London once explained to me what a “leasehold” meant—but I’ve forgotten the details. It seems peculiar to the UK (or perhaps just England?), where you “own” a flat in a building but you still have to pay some feudal lord in (say) Cornwall) a nominal rent for the land on which the building in which your flat is sits.  Is that right? 😉