[Vwoolf] Dallowday

Sarah M. Hall smhall123 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jan 30 11:11:41 EST 2018

Having talked to a few people, it seems that there is interest in creating a Dallowday to be celebrated each year as people see fit on a particular day in June. I think there was a consensus last year that the day on which Mrs D is set was Wed 20 June 1923. So am I right in assuming that most of us would consider the date more important than the day of the week? This year, of course, they are one and the same, which won't happen again until 2029.
Another question I've been asked is whether it should be Dallowday or Dalloway Day, so may I also throw that out for discussion? It seems to me that the former is neater and less cumbersome.
Sarah