[Vwoolf] Wikipedia v. other sources

Jeremy Hawthorn jeremy.hawthorn at ntnu.no
Wed Jan 10 05:11:52 EST 2018

Most annoying are errors that are pointed out but remain uncorrected (at
least Wikipedia allows correction, even if the process is flawed).

Early on in my time in Norway - about 1985 - I noticed that in the
Norwegian translation of "Mrs Dalloway" Clarissa's admission that if you
wanted to learn about Pope or Addison, Peter Walsh was the person to ask
(I'm on holiday so don't have the actual text) "Pope" is taken to mean
"the Pope" and translated accordingly. I wrote to the publisher, but the
last time I checked the error remained uncorrected.

Jeremy H