[Vwoolf] Wikipedia v. other sources

Stuart N. Clarke stuart.n.clarke at btinternet.com
Wed Jan 10 04:35:22 EST 2018

If you know about a particular topic and read a newspaper report that refers
to it, there is nearly always at least one inaccuracy.

It would be naive to think that scholarly (and other) books are free from
errors - mine included.  Anyone noticed I can't spell Dante Alighieri?

Julia Stephen has 6 children on p. 144, but 7 on p. 145 (NALBANTIAN,
Suzanne, "Aesthetic Autobiography: From Life to Art in Marcel Proust, James
Joyce, Virginia Woolf and Anais Nin" (NY: St Martin's Press, reprinted 1997
"with alterations"))

Eliot’s "The Sacred Wood: Essays on Poetry and Criticism" (1920) was
reviewed by LW, not by VW, pace Friedman 119 n22 (Friedman, Susan, "Virginia
Woolf’s Pedagogical Scenes of Reading: 'The Voyage Out', 'The Common
Reader', and her 'Common Readers'”, "Modern Fiction Studies", 38:1 (Spring
1992), 101–25).

Stuart