[Vwoolf] Novel on Woolf and Bell

Dr T Tate tt206 at cam.ac.uk
Mon May 1 09:33:47 EDT 2017

Is Levy's account of the Parmar novel (in the NYRB review) fair ? I've
not yet read it. The novel doesn't come out well in this account.
(Apologies if I've missed discussions of this topic.)

Interesting to compare with Susan Sellers' novel of Vanessa and
Virginia, published a few years earlier. Sellers engages in subtle ways
with this interesting relationship and is I think respectful towards her
subjects.

The Vanessa Bell exhibition at Dulwich is excellent; good to see her
getting serious attention.

Trudi Tate
Clare Hall
Cambridge