[Vwoolf] Tate St Ives in 2018

Annette Oxindine aoxindine at woh.rr.com
Mon May 1 10:04:49 EDT 2017

Mark writes, "And does a review in the prestigious NY Review of Books about three major recent exhibitions, plus one of many fictionalized versions of the Stephen sisters' lives, and one of myriad recent critical works on Woolf etc. really provide evidence that 'the attention paid to the Bloomsbury Group seems to be waning on both sides of the Atlantic’ ?"

There’s even attention being paid to Woolf in St Ives!  A Woolf-themed exhibit is opening on January 20, 2018 at the Tate St Ives, which is undergoing expansion. The focus: "The life and writings of English author Virginia Woolf will be the focal point of our exhibition of women artists since the 1850s.”

Link:
http://www.tate.org.uk/whats-on/tate-st-ives/exhibition/virginia-woolf

I found it interesting, though not surprising, that the description of the exhibition neglects to mention a connection between To the Lighthouse—the one novel named in the description—and Godrevy Lighthouse, simply noting that "Woolf spent her holidays as a child” in St Ives.

Best,
Annette