[Vwoolf] Elusive Thoreau quote

Emily Trask emilytrask at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 16 08:51:25 EDT 2017

Dear Sunjoo and Michael --
I asked a Thoreau scholar about the quote and received this response:
A variation appears in Thoreau’s journal from 1841: Thoreau Journal 1841 He did use it in A Week on the Concord and Merrimack Rivers, in “Thursday”:\ “We linger in manhood to tell the dreams of our childhood, and they are half forgotten ere we have learned the language.”
Best,Emily Trask