[Vwoolf] Chocolate Cream

Jeremy Hawthorn jeremy.hawthorn at ntnu.no
Fri Apr 7 06:23:29 EDT 2017

I agree that the 5 boys connection is a red herring. Unless my battered
memory is misleading me, you could still buy 5 boys chocolate bars in
the 1950s, and they were of solid rather than filled chocolate. As for
the mint taste, there were certainly bars of creme-filled chocolate with
a mint taste, but were they not called chocolate mints or chocolate mint
creams? There were also boxes of mint-creme individual chocolate but I
cannot remember what they were called. "Peppermint cremes" perhaps?
Incidentally, is the odd "creme" spelling just a marketing affectation?

Jeremy H

Jeremy Hawthorn
Starrmyra 99
7091 Tiller