[Vwoolf] Mrs Dalloway copyright?

Anne Fernald fernald at fordham.edu
Mon Feb 15 08:56:05 EST 2016

Thanks to our friend Sonny Bono, copyright in the US has been extended
quite dramatically. There is a good (to my eye) resource here
<http://copyright.cornell.edu/resources/publicdomain.cfm> at Cornell U's
website, which suggests 95 years post-pub date in the US for works first
published elsewhere and published in the US in compliance with the law, so
2020 for Dalloway, 2022 for TTL.

link: http://copyright.cornell.edu/resources/publicdomain.cfm

On Sun, Feb 14, 2016 at 12:05 PM, James Gifford <james.d.gifford at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello Leslie,
>
> Copyright on all of Woolf's works published during her lifetime expired in
> Canada in 1992.  There are several potential complications for the UK and
> USA, but I should think copyright expires on December 31st this year.
> (that's not advice)
>
> I believe Woolf actually went out of and then back into copyright in the
> UK, though I'd want to check that...
>
> All best,
> James
>
> On 2016-02-14 7:37 AM, Leslie Hankins wrote:
>
>> Hello all, does anyone know when Mrs. Dalloway goes out of copyright?
>> To the Lighthouse?
>>
>> Thank you, leslie
>>

>> --
>> Leslie Kathleen Hankins
>> Professor
>> Department of English & Creative Writing
>>
>> /"Moreover, however interesting facts may be, they are an inferior form
>> of fiction, & gradually we become impatient of their weakness &
>> diffuseness, of their compromises & evasions, of the slovenly sentences
>> which they make for themselves, and are eager to revive ourselves with
>> the greater intensity & truth of fiction." /
>>                                                           Virginia
>> Woolf, "How Should One Read a Book?"

Anne E. Fernald <http://www.fordham.edu/info/24101/anne_fernald>
Professor of English and Women's Studies
President of the Faculty Senate
Fordham University
fernald at fordham.edu
Cunniffe 117
718-817-3014 (Senate office, Rose Hill)

Lowenstein 921B
212-636-7613 (Department office, Lincoln Center)

*Mrs. Dalloway, now available from Cambridge UP*
<http://www.cambridge.org/9781107028784>