[Vwoolf] Mrs Dalloway copyright? (UK)

Sarah M. Hall smhall123 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Feb 15 04:11:54 EST 2016

UK copyright in literary works expires 70 years after the author's death for all publications within the author's lifetime, so Mrs D and TTL are both out of copyright now. Until 1992, copyright expired 50 years after the author's death, so VW's works went out of copyright then back in again in 1991/2; now back out since 1 Jan 2012.

For anything published posthumously, I would check with the Society of Authors, who are very helpful: http://www.societyofauthors.org
Sarah