[Vwoolf] Panel Proposals for MLA 2016

Kristin Czarnecki Kristin_Czarnecki at georgetowncollege.edu
Tue Oct 28 10:16:35 EDT 2014

Dear Woolfians,

I hereby send my first official message as President-elect of the International Virginia Woolf Society!

I'm attaching information about this year's MLA panels and IVWS dinner in Vancouver, all of which was arranged by our fabulous current/out-going President, Leslie Hankins. Thank you so much, Leslie! Believe it or not, however, I need to provide you now with some information regarding MLA 2016, scheduled for January 7-10 in Austin, TX.

The International Virginia Woolf Society will have one guaranteed panel at MLA, and we can submit one additional panel (usually accepted but not guaranteed). We will also collaborate with another allied organization and submit a third panel. If anyone belongs to or has an idea for an allied organization we could partner with, please let me know.

You are invited to submit a panel topic for the Austin MLA.

*         Note that this is a call for panels, not individual paper proposals.

*         Please submit only one topic. I will need from you:

o   A 35-word description (word count includes title), no longer!

o   The name(s) and contact information of the proposed organizer(s).

*         Submit your panel to Kristin Czarnecki at IVWSociety at gmail.com<mailto:IVWSociety at gmail.com> (note only one "S" in the address), subject line: Woolf MLA Austin 2016.

*         Deadline for submission: Sunday, November 23, 2014.

Once the proposals are in, I'll send them out for a vote. If you wish to propose your own special session outside of the IVWS process, go to the MLA Web site, http://www.mla.org.

Please feel free to contact me at kristin_czarnecki at georgetowncollege.edu<mailto:kristin_czarnecki at georgetowncollege.edu> with any questions, although at this stage, I have no idea whether I can answer them but will certainly try!

Best,

Kristin