[Vwoolf] Woolf App Query

Elisa Sparks SPARKS at clemson.edu
Thu Oct 23 15:02:16 EDT 2014

Dear All—

I wanted you to know that the WoolfPlace App I demonstrated at the 2012 conference is now being revised for submission to the Apple App Store this spring, with updated photos and the addition of sections on Woolf’s Walks in Cornwall and Woolf’s Cambridge.  This app will be free for anyone to download onto their iPad. I decided not to pay for programming to put it on the iPhone because I thought the images would be too small and the text rather unreadable.

Since my goal is to make this collection of photos and contextual essays, bibliographies, and web-links available to the widest possible range of Woolf scholars and students and the the iPad covers only a small and dwindling share of the tablet market, I would appreciate feedback as to what other platforms would be most useful to you and your students-- Android or basic web browser being the current top contenders.  The web browser would have fewer bells and whistles and a less interactive site design.

Please answer off list.

Thanks,
Elisa