[Vwoolf] Ringing in on graduate student question

Eleanor McNees Eleanor.McNees at du.edu
Fri Oct 24 14:51:11 EDT 2014

Hello all,

I just wanted to echo what many have said-that graduate students are welcome and important contributors to the conference. When I hosted the conference in 2008 at the University of Denver, we had two graduate student panels at the beginning of the sessions. Both were moderated by keynote speakers. That gave the students a great chance to have distinguished scholars in the field respond-but in an atmosphere more of partnership than competition. I've also had several DU graduate students participate in these conferences, and each time they've returned excited and elated about the responses and the helpful collegiality. They are our next generation of scholars, and we need I think to keep welcoming them to the field.

Best wishes,
Eleanor

Dr. Eleanor McNees
Professor of English