[Vwoolf] 'a look of John Burrows'

ANNE Fernald [Staff/Faculty [A&S]] fernald at fordham.edu
Mon Jan 7 13:52:20 EST 2013

As a coda, Rohan Maitzen, on Twitter, directs my attention to her lovely &
interesting essay on Woolf as a critic. I'd read it before (not while
Trollope-hunting), but perhaps you haven't seen it.

Maitzen comes to Woolf as a Victorianist and so some of the things that
irritate her are the very ones I love--something that makes her
appreciation grate at times and also teaches me something I wouldn't have
otherwise learned.

fernald at fordham.edu