[Vwoolf] Leonardo teria aprovado . . .

kllevenback at att.net kllevenback at att.net
Sat Aug 31 11:07:40 EDT 2013

Priceless, George.

Thanks for the link!

Happy Labor Day to us all--
Karen Levenback

From: George Entenman <ge at entenman.net>
To: "vwoolf at lists.service.ohio-state.edu" <vwoolf at lists.service.ohio-state.edu>
Sent: Saturday, August 31, 2013 10:55 AM
Subject: Re: [Vwoolf] Leonardo teria aprovado . . .

On Sat, Aug 31, 2013 at 7:54 AM, Stuart N. Clarke <stuart.n.clarke at btinternet.com> wrote:

Pessoalmente, I never believe in reading foreign books in the original language – I lose so much if it’s *not* in translation!  However, for those who can, they should.
Stuart reminds me of Translation Party, a wonderful website where you enter a phrase in English.  When you push the Find Equilibrium button, it starts a loop, translating from English to Japanese to English.  It continues until it gets two English translations in a row that match.

Translation Party turns the sentence

"Yes, of course, if it's fine tomorrow," said Mrs. Ramsay. "But you'll have to be up with the lark," she added.

into

' Yes, of course, tomorrow 'said Mrs. Ramsay'. Open the Lark ' of women.

(cf.  http://translationparty.com/#11035348).

One of Stuart's own phrases provides even more fun: http://translationparty.com/#11035344

-- ge

--

George Entenman (جورج  من  قفصة)

Besta é tu se você não viver nesse mundo
ge at entenman.net - zabouti at gmail.com - claimid - Google+ - rss - Call me at 01-919-636-5496