[Vwoolf] Digital Storytelli​ng and Mrs. Dalloway

Stuart N. Clarke stuart.n.clarke at btinternet.com
Tue Apr 16 04:18:19 EDT 2013

‘The word "time" split its husk; poured its riches over him; and from his lips fell like shells, like shavings from a plane, without his making them, hard, white, imperishable words, and flew to attach themselves to their places in an ode to Time’

We saw the 2 types of shell; it would have been good to have seen 2 types of plane, and “shavings from a plane”.  I can’t remember when I last saw “shavings from a plane” in real life.  It takes me back to my childhood.

The images certainly made me *think* about this sentence – not just read it.

Stuart