[Somean] Speaker for next year

Katie Carmichael KatCarm at ling.osu.edu
Tue May 25 13:41:11 EDT 2010

Hey all,

Mike White has graciously given us an extension until after Friday's meeting
to talk about this. I won't be there, but I'm sure you all will come up with
a great speaker. It's definitely good to start thinking about it now so we
can pick someone particularly rockin!

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 1:27 PM, Kodi Weatherholtz
<kweatherholtz at gmail.com>wrote:

> I'm not up to date on Penny Eckert's most recent work (though we'll all
> learn about it next weekend), but since she has been so influential in
> developing the notions of social meaning and indexicality, maybe she'd like
> to come chill with us for a day next year!
>
> I'll keep thinking... that was just an immediate response.
>
> Kodi
>
> On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 1:22 PM, Katie Carmichael <KatCarm at ling.osu.edu>wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> We have the wonderful opportunity of being able to invite the speaker of
>> our choice for next year, but we need to submit a name by today! Please
>> please please if you have time, respond to the So Mean listserv with the
>> name of someone you'd like to invite! Just throw names out there, even if
>> you aren't sure everyone would agree, so we don't lose out on this great
>> opportunity!
>>
>> I'll start us off:
>>
>> Michael Silverstein (so he can have a greater amount of time to talk about
>> all his ideas!)
>>

>> Katie
>>
>> --
>> Katie Carmichael