[Somean] Speaker for next year

Kodi Weatherholtz kweatherholtz at gmail.com
Tue May 25 13:27:19 EDT 2010

I'm not up to date on Penny Eckert's most recent work (though we'll all
learn about it next weekend), but since she has been so influential in
developing the notions of social meaning and indexicality, maybe she'd like
to come chill with us for a day next year!

I'll keep thinking... that was just an immediate response.

Kodi

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 1:22 PM, Katie Carmichael <KatCarm at ling.osu.edu>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We have the wonderful opportunity of being able to invite the speaker of
> our choice for next year, but we need to submit a name by today! Please
> please please if you have time, respond to the So Mean listserv with the
> name of someone you'd like to invite! Just throw names out there, even if
> you aren't sure everyone would agree, so we don't lose out on this great
> opportunity!
>
> I'll start us off:
>
> Michael Silverstein (so he can have a greater amount of time to talk about
> all his ideas!)
>

> Katie
>
> --
> Katie Carmichael