MCLC: Asymptote July 2013

Denton, Kirk denton.2 at osu.edu
Tue Jul 16 08:59:18 EDT 2013

MCLC LIST
From: Dylan Suher <dylan at asymptotejournal.com>
Subject: Asymptote July 2013

Dear MCLC Members,

I am pleased to announce that the July issue of Asymptote is now
live:http://www.asymptotejournal.com/
Of special interest to listserv members:

-A novel excerpt
<http://www.asymptotejournal.com/article.php?cat=Fiction&id=45&curr_index=3
&curPage=current> from Taiwanese novelist Wu Ming-Yi, with a translation
by Darryl Sterk;

-A review
<http://www.asymptotejournal.com/article.php?cat=Criticism&id=59&curr_index
=17&curPage=current>, by Henry W. Leung, of Fiona Sze-Lorrain's
translation of poems by Bai Hua;

-An interview
<http://www.asymptotejournal.com/article.php?cat=Interview&id=22&curr_index
=36&curPage=current> with Can Xue, conducted and translated by myself and
Joan Hua;

-An interview
<http://www.asymptotejournal.com/article.php?cat=Interview&id=20&curr_index
=37&curPage=current> with Tan Twan Eng, Malaysian author and recipient of
this year's Man Asian Literary Prize.

We now have a presence on both Weibo (http://www.weibo.com/3026657265/)
and Douban (http://site.douban.com/208519), and we invite you to follow us
there!

I'd also like to remind listserv members of Asymptote's new translation
contest, which will be judged by Eliot Weinberger and Howard Goldblatt.
The deadline is September 1st, so there is plenty of time to prepare and
submit a translation if you have not done so already. Full contest rules
can be found here <http://www.asymptotejournal.com/contest.php>, but
listserv members should feel free to contact me if they have any questions
about the contest.

Thank you all in advance for reading!

Sincerely,
Dylan Suher
Contributing Editor
Asymptote

---
Watch for Asymptote <http://asymptotejournal.com/>'s 2013 summer issue
featuring exclusive interviews with David Mitchell, Tan Twan Eng and Can
Xue, a new László Krasznahorkai translation, an essay by Griffin
Prize-Winner Fady Joudah, our first ever Drama Feature curated by
Obie-winner Caridad Svich, poetry by Szilárd Borbély and Pierre
Peuchmaurd, Asemic Writing, a survey of contemporary Israeli lit and our
first work from Bengal, Panama and the Ukraine! Follow us on Facebook here
<https://www.facebook.com/Asymptotejournal> and check out our Translation
Contest (judged by Eliot Weinberger and Howard Goldblatt; 1st Prize: 1,000
USD) here <http://www.asymptotejournal.com/contest.php>.