MCLC: permission to screen films?

Denton, Kirk denton.2 at osu.edu
Mon Mar 5 08:55:25 EST 2012

MCLC LIST
From: ying kong (kongying1 at hotmail.com)
Subject: permission to screen films?

Hello All,

I am going to teach Chinese Cinema this spring. Our university has
public performance rights coverage for most of the films from North
American distributors. I bought a few Chinese films with English
subtitles online, and they are DVDs from Chinese companies. I wrote
emails and sent faxes to the companies listed on the covers for
permission to screen the films in a classroom. I haven't received any
replies. Could any one give me suggestions on how to get permission to
screen those Chinese films?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Ying Kong