MCLC: materials on contemporary Chinese art?

Denton, Kirk denton.2 at osu.edu
Wed Nov 23 10:43:11 EST 2011

MCLC LIST
From: Andrew Field <shanghaidrew at gmail.com>
Subject: materials on contemporary Chinese art?

Dear Colleagues,

I am conducting some interviews with people in the contemporary art scene
in Shanghai and trying to learn more about contemporary Chinese art in
general.  I would like to solicit your opinions as to what you think are
the best studies of contemporary Chinese art currently in publication.
These could be English or Chinese language publications. By contemporary
Chinese art, I mean art produced in China since the 1980s.  I am also
interested in tracing connections between contemporary art and art of
earlier periods including the Mao era, Republican era, and dynastic eras.
Recommendations of documentary films on contemporary Chinese art would
also be very helpful, as would links to websites on contemporary Chinese
art.  Many thanks in advance for your responses to this inquiry and to
wonderful e-community.

Andrew David Field
http://shanghaijournal.squarespace.com