MCLC: Putin wins Confucius Peace Prize (4)

Denton, Kirk denton.2 at osu.edu
Wed Nov 23 10:43:07 EST 2011

MCLC LIST
From: Bill Goldman <billgoldman at mac.com>
Subject: Putin wins Confucius Peace Prize (4)

Linsen Li omits to notice that Obama has ended US military involvement in
Iraq and has 'taken out' one of the biggest individual threats to world
peace, Osama bin Laden. If anyone really wants to understand the Middle
East conflict, I suggest they read Son of Hamas: if you google it, you
will find a video recording by the author. Much better than repeating
cliches, is hearing the real information from the horse's mouth!

Li then asks why the CCP's being atheist has any relevance. Well, if you
insist that no one must be allowed to join the government or party who
does not affirm that they are atheist, I should think that's very
obviously relevant to why the CCP is a totalitarian party.

Moreover, if you are atheist, you have no reason to believe your actions
will be judged by an Almighty just Judge one day, so what is to prevent
you from doing as you please? You may answer "conscience", but conscience
is precisely what atheism tends to dull. Everyone has a conscience, being
made in the image of God, but if you don't believe in that God and are
unwilling to share power with anyone who does, then you certainly have no
absolute validation for that conscience's dictates - which is very
convenient for those who wish to kill in order to keep their power. This
is an elementary lesson of the 20th Century at least - especially the 20th
Century in China, where untold millions died (physically) at the hands of
official and officially imposed atheism.

know about the ambiguities, contradictions and even conflicts of interest
in modern China - but I think this is irrelevant to my points. According
to you, it seems, Hong Kong is more anti-dissident than the mainland,
which is certainly a novel argument, and one not borne out by the massive
and frequent demonstrations there against the CCP's refusal to acknowledge
or allow a public enquiry into the atrocity of June 4 1989.

Yes I also am aware that the CCP tries to legitimise itself by claiming
the traditional authority (among many Chinese) of Kongzi (or Confucius)
and even Buddha (try telling that to the Buddhist monks of Tibet who are
at this moment more or less, setting themselves on fire as a desperate
last resort agains the atheist CCP tyranny; anyway, Buddha never mentioned
God and Buddhism strictly is atheist, so I have been told by more than one
educated Buddhist) and the Daode jing. There is really nothing more to
say, unless one wishes to launch into a long essay or article oneself, and
at this moment, at least on MCLC, I don't.

Bill