MCLC: Murong Xuecun Oslo speech

Denton, Kirk denton.2 at osu.edu
Mon Nov 21 09:15:43 EST 2011

MCLC LIST
From: Martin Winter <dujuan99 at gmail.com>
Subject: Murong Xuecun Oslo speech

Murong Xuecun is brave. Yu Hua has published very outspoken pieces abroad,
too. But this speech by Murong given in Oslo is very explicit. It is in
Chinese and English side by side, very convenient. Murong Xuecun mentions
Chen Guangcheng again. I still think Chen needs more international
attention and support, not less. A Chinese journalist in an op-ed in the
NY Times said China should not be pressured from outside, because then the
Chinese government would lose face if they freed Chen Guangcheng. Wasn't
Ai Weiwei released because of international attention and protest? Many
people seem to think so. But don't worry, the petition for Chen Guangcheng
on Change.org only had 254 signatures on it when I looked today. 137.000
people had signed for Ai Weiwei on the same platform. I think it's a shame.

Here's the link to Murong's Oslo speech: scrbd.com

http://www.scribd.com/doc/73185074/Murong-Xuecun-Oslo-Speech

Martin