MCLC: NATSA 2012--cfp

Denton, Kirk denton.2 at osu.edu
Thu Dec 1 09:14:39 EST 2011

MCLC LIST
From: kirk (denton.2 at osu.edu)
Subject: NATSA 2012--cfp

CALL FOR PAPERS: The 18th North American Taiwan Studies Association
(NATSA) Annual Conference

June 8-9, 2012
University of Indiana-bloomington
Abstract Submission Deadline: December 25, 2011

The North American Taiwan Studies Association (NATSA) is pleased to
announce its 18th Annual Conference to be held June 8-9, 2012 in the
University of Indiana-Bloomington. The conference will be centered on the
theme ³Taiwan: Gateway, Node, Liminal Space.² This year we are honored to
have Professor Edward Friedman serve as the keynote speaker in the
conference and Professor Stéphane Corcuff give the opening remarks.
Furthermore, NATSA 2012 will host a series of exciting roundtable
discussions on diverse topics. Please check our website for the list of
invited scholars
<http://www.na-tsa.org/new/2012conference/invited-scholars.html>. All of
them are prestigious figures in their respective disciplines and fields.

For the 2012 annual conference, we offer two options for participation:
(1) Call for Panels/Papers
<http://www.na-tsa.org/new/2012conference/call-for-panelspapers.html>, a
thematic invitation; and (2) NATSA Scholar Workshop
<http://www.na-tsa.org/new/2012conference/natsa-scholar-workshop.html>, a
discipline-based forum targeting scholars in Anthropology, Film Studies,
Literature, and Political Science. Please see the attached file or visit
our website <http://www.na-tsa.org/new/index.html> for further
information. Please also feel free to contact us via secretary at na-tsa.org
if you have any question related to the conference.

We are looking forward to seeing you next June!

Best regards,
NATSA 2012 Committee