[KineJapan] JAPAN CUTS: Festival of New Japanese Film Announces Full Slate of NY Premieres

Japanese Cinema Discussion Forum kinejapan at lists.osu.edu
Tue Jun 7 18:22:16 EDT 2016

Dear KineJapan subscribers,

The programming team is happy to share the full lineup for the tenth anniversary edition of JAPAN CUTS: Festival of New Japanese Film, running July 14-24, 2016 at Japan Society in New York City: www.japansociety.org/japancuts<http://www.japansociety.org/japancuts>

The Opening Film is the North American Premiere of Mohican Comes Home, joined by director Shuichi Okita and star Atsuko Maeda. As previously announced, the Centerpiece Presentation is the North American Premiere of The Shell Collector, joined by director Yoshifumi Tsubota and star Lily Franky, who will receive the CUT ABOVE Award for Outstanding Performance in Film. The Closing Film is the North American Premiere of The Actor, joined by director Satoko Yokohama.

Please browse the entire dynamic lineup of features and shorts, including the Feature Slate, Documentary Focus, Classics, and Experimental Spotlight program sections, a free Panel Discussion, Microcinema installation, and an unprecedented number of special guests.

Tickets are on sale to Japan Society members this week, and will open to the general public Monday, June 13. (Our Animation Film Workshop sold out in a matter of days, so we recommend booking early!) Receive special announcements by subscribing to our newsletter<http://www.japansociety.org/content.cfm/ecalendar>, or following via Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/japansocietyfilm> and Twitter<https://twitter.com/JS_FILM_NYC/>.

Sincerely,
Aiko, Kazu and Joel

AMasubuchi at japansociety.org<mailto:AMasubuchi at japansociety.org>
KWatanabe at japansociety.org<mailto:KWatanabe at japansociety.org>