[KineJapan] Filmadrid -MAKINO & KOJI

Japanese Cinema Discussion Forum kinejapan at lists.osu.edu
Wed Jun 8 06:55:50 EDT 2016

Dear kinejaps,

Finally I came to Makino's performance at Madrid last night. It was kind
of bizarre, obscure, industrial aesthetics... I was really waiting for
something more colored... Makino used a video-projector whose video was
directed into a crumpled aluminum which in turn, reflected that light to
a big empty wall, and with the audience crossing between this light and
the wall: this shaped shadows in that wall. You will understand better
if you see some photos and video-clips I have uploaded in Flickr.
Please, forgive the quality since I took them with my mobile and was
quite dark; these only wanted to be testimonial:
https://flic.kr/s/aHskxWSUpe

Anyway it was quite interesting as Makino take good advantage of the old
industrial space (the audio helped this feeling) and honored the title:
/In the shadows of cinema/. (So, Jonathan, it was a new piece).

I guess audience was really fascinated, being this a mix, with many
foreigners and Spanish hipsters.

Best,