[Intl_DxMedPhys] Pluvicto Patient Waste Storage Timeframe
Shane McCotter
shane at rpcphysics.com
Mon Sep 14 16:20:14 EDT 2026
All,
I am interested in your thoughts regarding patient instructions for at-home waste storage before disposal. I have recommended patients collect items (pads, diapers, etc.) for 5 days and store for 70 days before disposal, however, one of our AU's is requesting we remove the storage requirement allow patients to dispose of all materials without decay based on these studies (Link 1<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://jnm.snmjournals.org/content/64/10/1567__;!!KGKeukY!1AP1MpV5dSTwsgzAipPNSxW2zEFl5sw_yqZ2skGAqT1NFshsAMKGAjzkj7ufTPmG3lI5wa4IXl-WOO0efXaFYKbF29ysFbouyLBIGTA$ > & Link 2<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.ovid.com/jnls/health-physics/fulltext/00004032-200203000-00009*radioactivity-appearing-at-landfills-in-household-trash-of__;fg!!KGKeukY!1AP1MpV5dSTwsgzAipPNSxW2zEFl5sw_yqZ2skGAqT1NFshsAMKGAjzkj7ufTPmG3lI5wa4IXl-WOO0efXaFYKbF29ysFbou5xnoIrg$ >) and discussions they have had with other AU's in NRC and agreement states.
I have reached out to a few other RSO's and institutions, and I have received answers to store items ranging from a few days to 70 days, and I am hoping to get a more definitive answer from the list.
Thank you,
[cid:5a5f54b2-4ce1-4f91-b1a5-0ef6de5585dc]
Shane McCotter, M.S., DABMP
Medical Physicist
(218) 349-3548
shane at rpcphysics.com
https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.rpcphysics.com__;!!KGKeukY!1AP1MpV5dSTwsgzAipPNSxW2zEFl5sw_yqZ2skGAqT1NFshsAMKGAjzkj7ufTPmG3lI5wa4IXl-WOO0efXaFYKbF29ysFboufgBMFTo$ <https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.rpcphysics.com/__;!!KGKeukY!1AP1MpV5dSTwsgzAipPNSxW2zEFl5sw_yqZ2skGAqT1NFshsAMKGAjzkj7ufTPmG3lI5wa4IXl-WOO0efXaFYKbF29ysFbou71hN5tc$ >
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.osu.edu/pipermail/intl_dxmedphys_wd_osu_list/attachments/20260914/9e887d8d/attachment.html>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: image.png
Type: image/png
Size: 13580 bytes
Desc: image.png
URL: <http://lists.osu.edu/pipermail/intl_dxmedphys_wd_osu_list/attachments/20260914/9e887d8d/attachment.png>
More information about the Intl_dxmedphys_wd_osu_list
mailing list