[Intl_DxMedPhys] FCT iStream specifications
Douglas Pfeiffer
xraydoug at me.com
Wed Sep 23 11:57:26 EDT 2026
BTW, no one seemed to have any information on this, so I’ll fill in what I’ve been able to learn, which is not much. I finally was able talk to the manager of Fujilfilm CT Applications, and the best she could give me is a geometric efficiency table.

Using these values, I calculated the beam width and called that the specification.

Some of the collimations passed this, some did not. Some passed ACR tolerances, some did not. I haven’t heard from the site or the service engineer following my report, so I’m not sure what Fujifilm has to say about it.
Best regards,
Doug
Douglas Pfeiffer, MS, DABR FACR, FAAPM (he/him)
Medical Physicist, Radiation Safety Officer
Boulder Community Health
xraydoug at me.com
303.415.7515
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
The opinions expressed in this message are the product of the gray and white matter loitering in my cranium. I speak for myself and no one else, unless I say otherwise.
> On Sep 14, 2026, at 2:14 PM, Douglas Pfeiffer <xraydoug at me.com> wrote:
>
> Hi, all.
>
> Can someone tell me the Fujifilm beam width criteria for their FCT iStream scanner? Not slice thickness, but beam width. I have the Safety and Performance Information Guide, but it doesn’t include those values. Thanks.
>
> Best regards,
> Doug
>
>
>
> Douglas Pfeiffer, MS, DABR FACR, FAAPM (he/him)
> Medical Physicist, Radiation Safety Officer
> Boulder Community Health
> xraydoug at me.com
> 303.415.7515
>
> +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
>
> The opinions expressed in this message are the product of the gray and white matter loitering in my cranium. I speak for myself and no one else, unless I say otherwise.
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.osu.edu/pipermail/intl_dxmedphys_wd_osu_list/attachments/20260923/b4980819/attachment.html>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: PastedGraphic-1.tiff
Type: image/tiff
Size: 54920 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://lists.osu.edu/pipermail/intl_dxmedphys_wd_osu_list/attachments/20260923/b4980819/attachment.tiff>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: PastedGraphic-2.tiff
Type: image/tiff
Size: 44750 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://lists.osu.edu/pipermail/intl_dxmedphys_wd_osu_list/attachments/20260923/b4980819/attachment-0001.tiff>
More information about the Intl_dxmedphys_wd_osu_list
mailing list